Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sedona Duffle Bag





I call this the Sedona Duffle bag because I purchased the beautiful batiks in Sedona, AZ! I saw the green color and it was so vibrant and I also found a nice blue and green batik as well.

I strip pieced the exterior and used various colors of thread and also a metallic thread. It has a round bottom and I made a drawstring closure at the top. There are two interior pockets that close shut with Velcro and one pocket from a pair of denim jeans. I have used some repurposed denim in this project to make it even greener!

I have added my "Shaggy Rag" accents on the bag and also on the strap. I think the strap looks really lush with the detail. I added a reflective buckle because we like to hike and bike.

I will be making more of this style bag a little longer and thinner to accommodate yoga matts.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.