Monday, September 2, 2013

1/4 Ounce .999 Fine Silver Ingot Bracelet with Black Micro-Paracord







I've been working on some bracelets where I use an actual .999 fine silver ingot as the center piece.  I have milled the ingots, impressed oak and other leaves on them, drilled, hammer formed, added patina and sanded.  If you look closely at the finished piece, you can still see the markings from the mint which is what I wanted.  I made a black micro paracord bracelet with this piece.

I used hard boiled egg to do the first layer of patina and it was a cool peacock color.  You can see where I sanded some of it off in one of the photos.  I really wanted the recessed areas to look black, so I then used liver of sulfer.

Here are some photos of the finished bracelet and the process along the way.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.