Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Victorian Christmas Tree Pendant in Sterling


When I finished this, I took a look at it and could almost imagine a Victorian Christmas tree.  It just had a vintage, old world look to it.  The swirls at the top remind me of tinsel and the silver beads look like tiny ornaments.  The wire work around the pendant was pretty involved and I used two base pieces, ball chain and a much thinner gauge sterling wire to hold it all together.  I spent so many hours working on this pendant and it's a large one at close to 2 1/8" tall from the top of the bail to the bottom and 1 1/8" across.  I'm working on a couple of chain options for this one.  This one can be worn either way as there is a nice oak leaf imprint on the back.

This will be the last one in this series before the holidays.  I'm working on some other fun themes with the same type of metal work.  Lots of ideas and pieces are in the works!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.