Monday, January 27, 2014

Fine Silver Coin Pendants



Here are a couple of the pendants I made of the fine silver coins.  I milled to shape these and went through the process of milling on the leaves and finishing them.  If you read my blog, then you pretty much have an idea of the process.

I hammered some words on the back of one of the pendants and made some simple wire wrapped beads to wear right above the pendants.  This is a simple way to wear these and they look great worn over my favorite non-color t-shirt of... black.  Black t-shirt, black cord...  looks like the pendant is floating.  Awesome!

The coins have the ridges around them and after milling the ridges are still there.  Someone asked me the other night about the bumps all the way around.  It's because these are coins and that's just the way they come from the mint.  Fun stuff.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.