Sunday, May 4, 2014

In the Works this Fine Day


The top photo is of a couple 1/2 ounce silver ingots I finished and will be making a couple of bracelets with.  The imprints, detail and patina came out really nice on these.  There are also imprints on the reverse side of these as well.  If you look closely, you will see some of the mint marks like 999 and silver.

There are some pieces for earrings and the top left two pieces of metal were cut from the same leaf imprint.  These were just some pieces that were small and I cut them down to somehow use them rather than pitch them in the circular bin.  The copper piece on the right will no doubt be hanging off of something soon.

The bottom photo shows pieces of metal and some drawings laying on my bench the other morning.  Do you see the texture that looks like tuck and roll upholstery?  I have plans for that, but I'm not going to let you in on it yet.  No, I'm not reconstructing seats for a late model Chevy..., but something to look through.  Hmmm, what will it be???

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.