Sunday, September 28, 2014

Do You Have Any Money Clips?


Asked the man and I replied, "No, but I'll make some."  He then handed me an old copper money clip that had been used for so long that it finally cracked in half.  I picked up my pen and was going to jot down some measurements and he told me to hang onto it until I made the other one.

I closely examined the little money clip and could see where something was soldered onto it and that was long gone.  The crack was right at the fold on the top.  The metal was no doubt work hardened by adding money and taking it out of the clip over the years.  I believe the metal cracked as a result of that.

I milled these just like most of my pieces and also have some texture from the leaves on the inside as well.  The first photo shows the front side and the second photo shows the reverse side.  This was such a great idea for a useful, functional item.  These have already been shipped and I have a few more to be finished.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.