Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ornaments for The Store

Here are some ornaments I made for the trees at the co-op.  I believe they will be hanging on the trees by tomorrow afternoon.  I'll be making more of these and some out of polymer clay as well.

I used two different sizes of heavier copper wire for these.  I then began the process of bending, milling, annealing, bending, milling and annealing.  A process of working the metal and then hammering accent designs on them.  All the wire has added patina to darken it.

I used various crystals, amethyst, tiger eye and Czech glass beads.  These might be too fun to put away after Christmas!  I can see someone hanging them anywhere the light will catch the crystals.  'Tis the season...  Well, almost!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.