Thursday, July 16, 2015

Copper and Stone Pendants Cold Connection


The top pendant was a simple coiled piece of copper I had hammered accents on.  I decided to get creative by adding a round bead to the center.  I threaded the stone with wire, wrapped it, coiled the ends and tucked it under.  I did something similar with the bale.  This seemed to add a lot of interest to the metal by connecting various pieces of metal without heat.

The second pendant also features labradorite that has been wrapped into a bale.  I used the same bead plus some Czech glass beads at the bottom.

The bottom pendant is copper and I had milled a laurel leaf onto it.  I bent the milled stem section of the leaf back to form a bale.  I made a wire wrapped bead for an accent and used a nice fluorite for the dangle.  These all started out as simple ideas and the little accents added layers of interest.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.