Friday, May 15, 2020

Sterling Floral Impression Earrings


These are all sterling silver with various floral impressions I milled onto the metal.  I use an actual steel mill to create these delicate designs.  I added patina and gently removed the excess.  I hand made the ear wires by hammering the tips, gently shape, cut the ends, file, hammer and sand.  I make everything by hand and it takes more time, but I can really see and feel the difference.  I used beautiful fresh water pearls in various colors for the dangles.  You may notice some shimmering Swarovski crystals.  These have been shipped to a local museum shop and hopefully when the shop reopens, they will become cherished little treasures to someone.  #floralimpressions #naturejewelry #handmadeearrings #wearartbyjulie #leafjewelry

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.