Friday, October 23, 2009

More Polymer Clay!






I've even drawn cartoons, scanned them into my computer, colored the cartoons and then transferred the art to a special transfer paper that makes a decal. The image is transferred to the clay and then you bake it on.

I've even had custom stamps made to use on the clay with special words or places visited. You can carve your own stamps or use modeling compound and make your own molds!

Many of my beads are entirely sculpted by hand and are one of a kind! All the floral and desert theme beads were all individually sculpted.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.