Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunset Spin Bead Bracelet

I can call this a sunset bead or I could call it my faux copal amber. I think either description works. I'm posting this because I really like how the colors came out. The spiral can represent your journey in life and some Native Americans believe the spiral is a water symbol. I pressed in some leaf designs on the back and I drew in some accent lines to define the areas where the colors are different. I call these spin beads because you can wear them either way. A little more fun and why not enjoy two different looks for the same money!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.