Sunday, August 24, 2014

Woven Silver Wire

Some more woven metal here in the shape of a six petal floral form and a five point smaller post earring.  The earring center looks a bit more like a tiny rose, but I'll take it!  I will make the other one later, so I'll have two to wear.

This metalwork is woven and has visual texture and is also tactile.  It's so fun and different.  It was a challenge to size this idea down.  The petals were very tiny to hold while weaving and pulling the wire.  These look large for studs, but they are very wearable.  

In a way, they remind me of the many pairs of my grandmothers earrings I've studied over the years.  Large clip earrings were so popular for so long and I own loads of them.  They were large, pretty and so dressy.  I think it's time for a comeback, but you know I'll be wearing these with my denim coat.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.