Monday, February 9, 2015

Copper Chandelier of the Forest Pendant with Arizona Peridot and Honey Quartz


For some reason, this just looks like a chandelier of the forest!  I milled oak leaves onto the front and back of the sheet metal and filed and sanded the edges.  I added patina to all the metal and lightly removed the excess.  I added a very subtle polish to the piece as well.

I forged the S clasp closure and also made the wrapped wire accent bead.  If you notice, I did not want to pierce a hole in the front of the leaf for a bale or ring.  I milled and stretched the metal where the leaf stem would be and used double round nosed pliers to roll it back.  The cord went through that and gave it the floating illusion.  The slider bead just dressed it up a tiny bit.

Any princess of the forest should also have some shimmer dangling from the tips of her leaf pendant.  I added two faceted Arizona peridots that were mined on the San Carlos reservation and a sweet cushion cut honey quartz.

The last photo is of the flip side of the pendant and it's really nice as well.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.