Monday, February 16, 2015

Payson Diamond Pendant in Copper

I made this pendant with a piece of quartz found on the Mogollon Rim area of Arizona.  It was so cold the two days we were up there, so it was fitting to call this crystal the ice cube!

The front is really pretty and the back has a healing area with some grooves and areas that stick out further.

The various gauges of copper wire really create a nice form to hold the crystal without drill holes or prongs.  I did patina the copper, remove the excess and lightly polished the piece.

This can be worn on a slider cord and I have also forged some fun clasps for my cord necklaces as well.  So, if you're wondering what I will do with all the crystals I've collected...  I'm going to keep some and make some jewelry!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.