Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Rattesnake Accent Bead

In case you missed this in the other photo, here is a close up of a rattlesnake accent bead I sculpted.  It's really tiny and cool!  I will place that on the cord with the rattlesnake pendant.  One of my favorite tools lately seems to be the hair stick or chop stick.  If you use a crochet needle and press the clay, it can sometimes get stuck.  If you use the hair stick or chop stick, one side will be smaller and it will come off more easily.  This works great if you want pony size bead openings or centers.  Just say no to distorting your beads!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.