Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sterling Silver Leaf Pendants

I made some smaller pendants with oak leaves roller milled onto them.  I've left more of a satin finish on these and I really like the simple, distressed look.  I will be making some pretty dangles to wear with the pendants.  The leaves for these three pendants were collected near Tonto Creek in Arizona.




I've just collected more leaves, moss and grasses last weekend to use with these projects.  The pictured container of leaves were collected near the Mogollon Rim of Arizona.  It's a fun thing to do while you're out hiking and the scenery is spectacular!  The lake area I like to visit will be closing soon for the season and snow should soon follow.  Well, I hope!  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.