Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Larger Sculpted Pieces

Well, I guess I've been busy making things the past couple of months!  It's true that you do what you love and I'm always inspired to experiment with new ideas for my beads and jewelry.

I decided that I make some average and smaller size beads, but I wanted to make some really large items.  You can see the colors look quite a bit different and I used a brown and black striped blend for accents that look like southwestern textiles.  I made a stamp with a sun sign on it and that is what is pressed into the earthy colored clay in the centers of the pieces.  The swirls also make me think of Sedona which is a beautiful town in northern Arizona.  The red rocks and scenery up there is stunning.

I used a different blend of stain on these as well and the matrix area is darker on these than the beads I posted just before this.  I wanted the matrix to look more blackish to dark brown here.

I will be making a necklace or wearable rosary with the large cross.  I made a double cobra paracord bracelet with the larger, oval bead.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.