Monday, July 7, 2014

Journey Notes Copper and Paracord Bracelets


I've been making some bracelets with a travel theme and they are like little journey notes.  I've got the letters in the middle and the year Arizona became a state.  There are so many places to visit in Arizona such as Havasupai Falls which is located at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, the Grand Canyon itself, Sedona and so many other wonderful places.

For example, I can customize these for a group of campers going on a special trip with dates, locations, names, etc.  I've made pieces in the past to commemorate a groups summit to Uhuru Peak on Mt. Kilimanjaro.  I could add trail names, GPS markers or camper names just to mention a few ideas.  I custom cut and make these, so I have some flexibility on size and how many characters of text can be put on them.

These are a perfect pairing with paracord bracelets for the adventure traveler at heart!  This is a great way to remember a favorite place you've visited, hiked, climbed, pitched a tent or even motored by.  It's the perfect utility art to wear because you could use the cord in a survival situation.  However, it may take you a while to figure out how to unknot it!

1 comment:

charly manrtin said...

Very useful information for people, you have the Best Tourist Attractions in Arizona & a list of places that anyone can visit in Arizona. I think this is what everyone needs. Thank you for this useful information, I think it will be useful for me in the future.

Unique Places to Visit in Arizona

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.