Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Woven Sterling Pendant with Pearl and Topaz


The foundation of the weave is a larger gauge of sterling wire.  I've used two additional gauges of sterling wire for the main construction.

This can be considered a quatrefoil, clover, cross or floral shape.  The woven look is very organic and I like to imagine the fresh water pearl is the center of a flower with little stamen tips swirling around.  That's what I was trying to accomplish with the weave around the center.

I've made these with or without dangles or stones.  For this pendant, I've added a sky blue topaz brio.  I favor labradorite, amethyst and peridot, but this blue is sweet.

Photographed on my favorite little stack of well worn cement steps somewhere out there.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.