Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Micro Paracord Rosary with Beads and 550 Paracord Rosaries



I make single decade rosaries out of thinner cord like this and thicker cord as well.  I usually like to tie a series of my favorite knots, but decided to use copper tone metal beads with this one.  I use 550 paracord to create these as well.  I sometimes make cross necklaces without the ten knots.  I've also made these for people to hang off rear view mirrors and I believe one is still hanging under the gas tank of a Harley in Staten Island, NY.  By the way, I'm happy to report that bike was unharmed by hurricane Sandy.  I've even made a thin blue line cross and rosary.  These are more work and lots of care goes into making those.

I only tie ten beads to represent one decade of Hail Mary prayers.  Feel free to repeat away!

I'm posting these here because they are frequently viewed items on my shop.  This is my own design and I did not use a pattern for these.  The story goes that I was driving up north through the mountains trying to figure out how I was going to make one of these.  I worked through the original design in my head and when I reached my destination, I sat down and made one.  The micro size ones came next and I had a request for the thin blue line one not too long after that.  I had to come up with an alternate design so I would be able to get the blue cord woven through and intersecting in the middle.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.