Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wristlet in 550 Coyote Paracord

This wristlet was made with close to 120'+ of 550 paracord.  The purse is made of one continuous piece of cord and the end is at the inside of the top.  You can find the knotted end, wiggle that up on the right side and pull apart to rapidly deploy the cord.  The lanyard wrist strap is made of one piece of cord and may be removed for use elsewhere.  It could come in handy for a flashlight or many other items.

I made the button out of polymer clay and tried to match the color to the purse as close as possible.  I stained, sanded and then sewed it right to the bag.

I worked through a pattern for this purse and this is my own design.  I wanted to make it all one piece of continuous cord with the exception of the wrist lanyard.  Some may sew the sides of the bag together, but I've connected everything with the continuous stitches.

This would be the perfect bag for the stylish survivalist!  It's functional and well, just very different!  I had this on my table at a recent show and I think it was a hit.  I'll tell you one thing, I'm for sure the only kid on the block with one of these.  I will be making more of these in black 550 paracord as well.  As always, thanks for looking!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.