Sunday, March 3, 2013

Polymer Clay Turquoise Ring

In this photo..., you will see the very first polymer clay ring that I've ever made.  Let me tell you it was a true learning experience.  Hmmm, how do you size and sculpt it and then get it off the mandrel without sticking?  I have some ideas for the next time I make one!  

It's so thick and chunky that it works well for a pinky ring.  I did sand the sides down as well as the shank, but it still needs to be thick enough to not flex too much or crack.  So, it is what it is and I like it!  

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.