Thursday, February 13, 2014

24 Ounce Klean Kanteen 550 Paracord Bottle Cover



This bottle cover or koozie was a recent order and thought I would post some photos of it.  It will be on its way to the land of ice and snow by tomorrow.  Yes, the American south...  I've made these for the 12 ounce Klean Kanteen bottles, Liberty and Nalgene bottles as well.  It seems everyone including yours truly, has their favorite bottle to take along for the ride or hike.  These bottles are fantastic and will keep ice with your beverage for over 24 hours.  I don't have to brew overly strong tea anymore and consider that the ice will melt down and dilute my drink.

The person sent me dimensions for his slightly different bottle and it was very close to the measurements of my 24 ounce bottle.  We decided to go ahead with the measurements he sent for this koozie.  There is over 130' of US mil-spec 550 paracord in this project.  The entire bottle cover can easily be pulled apart for emergency use or you can use some of the cord.  You could then tie off, weave the end down, weave the drawstring back through and your back to having a functional smaller bottle cover or storage bag.

I can make these in coyote and black as well.  The koozies enable you to clip your bottle to a backpack or give it a little extra protection just in case you drop it on a pile of rocks!  Look at it this way, having one of these on your Klean Kanteen is like having a Jeep with a bunch of KC lights all over it!  You just can't go wrong!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.