Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Manicure....

I just love a good manicure....  Not!  The next time I work on this much metal..., I will wear gloves.  I started these pieces last week and have already finished some and made bracelets.  One of these will be a cigar band ring.  I have to use some consideration as to how much pressure I'm putting on the sanding depending on how deep the imprints are.  The leaves have a good structure and mill well, while some other organics are thinner than paper before milling.  I'm honestly surprised the images showed up at all.  Those have all the intention of the image without the depth. So delicate and really pretty!  I've been wanting to experiment with some other dried flowers and such.  You will see some new ones in the mix here.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.