Monday, February 10, 2014

In the Works...


Every so often, I'll post photos of things in the works...  Believe me, there's a whole lot more of this laying around..., but I like to roll my new stuff out in person at shows before it hits the net-waves.

Here are some copper pieces with oak leaves and various other pieces.  The large pieces will be cuff bracelets.  I need to file, shape, patina and sand.  The other pieces will be for some other projects.  I have a woven smaller cross and I've decided that I want to make an adjustable micro paracord necklace for that.  There is one finished leaf pendant in fine silver and the other two are straight out of the liver of sulfur.  Lots of pieces in various stages!  The larger copper bracelet pieces have a really pretty color to them right now, but it won't last.  That's what the happens after dropping them in what we call pickle at the studio.  It's really a mild acid, but the pickle sounds so much more tame.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.