Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Photo Study Peridot Briolette

These were taken in exactly the same location at the same time.  The top photo is darker and cooler in look.  The brio facets are showing and they look very clear.  Notice how different the brick looks in the two photos.  Don't get me wrong, it's a nice photo, but cool.  The stone in real life is much lighter than this.  If I want to sell this, it's not a good, true representation.  Sometimes I post multiple photos to show off different aspects of the item.

I moved the pendant a little bit and tried to get the brio right where some filtered light was showing through some leaves.  Yes, this photo could be more sharp, but I'm trying to show a warmer, more natural light with some shimmer on the stone.  This also shows the true color of this little peridot.  I'll say this photo looks a little blown out compared to the other with the change in light, but it's still doable.  The difference between the two photos to me, is pretty dramatic.

So when someone asks "why are you taking so many photos?"  It's because about 5 in 25 will look decent and if you're lucky, one will be really good.  This subject needs some more work!

FYI...  This is another one of the fine silver ingot pendants and I have milled leaves on the front and back.  If you look closely on the photo about 9 o'clock, you will see a 9 that is still there where .999 was on the original piece.  You can see various mint markings on this pendant. 



No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.