Sunday, June 9, 2013

Finished Pine Tree Pendants with Peridot Accents

Here are the finished pendants!  If you look closely, I removed the patina differently on each of these.  The one with the peridot has a more brushed metal look.  The one pendant with the simple bail has the peacock look to the patina that was just too good to sand through.  I use sand paper vs. 000 steel wool on the texture pieces.  The sand paper is firm and you won't remove the patina from the detail.  If you press with the steel wool, then you've lost your color.   I like the gallery wire for the fence accent on the one pendant.  The milled leaf designs behind the pine really give it the illusion of being in the forest.  Now my mind is busy with all sorts of ideas for more elaborate forest scenes!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.