Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wire Wrapped Silver and Copper Bead and Double Cobra Bracelet

I made this bead with a thick piece of soldered copper and hammered some detail designs on it with metal stamps and also hammered it more into an oval to flatten out the band.  I selected a really nice fresh water pearl and used sterling silver wire for the wrapping.  This is a sample and I'm working on some sterling silver beads to use with my paracord bracelets.  I haven't seen any made quite like this to specifically use with paracord.  This bracelet is pretty thick and works with this size bead.  Just something different!  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.