Saturday, June 8, 2013

Big City Nights Black 550 Paracord Wristlet

This sweet, little black 550 paracord wristlet project has over 100+ feet of cord.  The purse is made of one piece of 550 paracord and yes, it can be pulled apart in a matter of minutes.  I have incorporated the seams and trim stitches all at one time so this would be one piece.  This is my own pattern and individual design on this one.  The wrist strap can be removed and is a separate piece of cord.  It is also one piece that can be unknotted and used as well.  The wristlet cord was gutted and this means that the seven inner core strands were removed.  So, if someone needs to use the cord, remove the button, remove the lanyard style wrist strap off the bag, find the marked rip cord and let it rip!

I added the dressy vintage look button for fun and sure... for utility as well.  The little bit of sparkle gives this hiker, survival bag a little big city swag!  Yes, I'm a Scorpions fan and that's how I came up with the name for this one!

1 comment:

PetiteMaman said...

So where's the "how-to"?

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.