Friday, June 7, 2013

Various Necklace Styles for Sterling Pendants




I've been experimenting with various chains, leather cords, paracord and even deer hyde for necklaces for my pendants.  I've designed some of the pendant bails to work with cord and have looped the micro paracord over in a lark's head knot.  There are so many different possibilities and looks for the same pendant.  Enjoy checking out these different looks!

I ordered some really nicely made sterling rolo chains and added some wire wrapped amethyst stones as accents.  They came out really nice and these chains look more expensive.  I'm also going to make some chains like this with peridot and some other stones.

I used sterling silver wire that I wrapped around the deer hyde necklace.  There is plenty of silver wire I used and some has patina and some does not.  This was a great way to use up some scrap wire.  With prices so high, I find any way to use almost every little bit of metal somewhere!  Any extra bit of embellishment you add can also increases the value of your item.  It will look more expensive and you will have layers of detail.  If you have extra sterling wire, use it wherever you can.

I make the bails on all my pendants large enough to accommodate a variety of chain and cord sizes.  This makes it easier to get a variety of looks from the same pendant.  Don't be afraid to try a look you haven't seen before.  Try something new and make it your own!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy silversmithing, making jewelry, beads and working with paracord. I sculpt in polymer clay and desert themes are my favorite. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the beauty of nature into my work. My work has been published in a large book called "1000 Beads," Lark Jewelry and Beading, 2014. I have sold beads through the Glendale Bead Museum Shop, a gallery in Tucson and www.wearartbyjulie.etsy.com. I'm an artist currently showing my jewelry at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix, AZ.